The Field Service Technician is to maintain, troubleshoot, repair standby generators and automatic transfer switches in the field in a thorough and accurate manner. Ensure the work is done to the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report directly to the service manager
- Perform on-site planned maintenance, diagnostics, repairs and troubleshooting for customer generators (includes DC & AC voltage equipment)
- Provide after-hour emergency troubleshooting/repairs to our customers on scheduled rotation and be available for unscheduled call-up during wide-spread power outages
- Arrive at the job site, at the scheduled time and be prepared to perform the scheduled maintenance/repairs
- Provide customers with superior customer service by answering any questions/addressing concerns, providing appropriate documentation and explanations of service such as parts used & work performed
- Must use required Personal Protective Equipment at each job site
- Must keep your truck stocked with a sufficient supply of parts and tools
- Complete & submit daily and weekly paperwork such as time sheets, inspection reports and any other necessary paperwork. Take pictures of failures for warranty documentation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required and requested to support the Company’s daily operations.
- Follow all procedures in the Service Technicians Handbook
- Operate company vehicle safely and courteously to other drivers.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.