Locations: Bedford, Burlington, Dedham, Lynnfield, Reading & Wakefield, MA
The Field Service Technician is to maintain, troubleshoot and repair generators in the field in a thorough and accurate manner and ensure the work is done to our customers’ satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report directly to the service manager
- Perform on-site preventative maintenance, maintenance, diagnostics, repairs and troubleshooting for customers generators (includes DC & AC voltage equipment)
- Provide after-hour emergency troubleshooting/repairs to our customers on scheduled rotation and be available for unscheduled call-up during wide-spread power outages
- Arrive at the job site, at the scheduled time and be prepared to perform the scheduled maintenance/repairs
- Provide customers with superb customer service by answering any questions/addressing concerns, providing appropriate documentation and explanations of service such as parts used & work performed
- Must use required Personal Protective Equipment at each job site
- Must keep you truck stocked with a sufficient supply of parts and tools
- Complete & submit daily and weekly paperwork such as time sheets, inspection reports and any other necessary paperwork.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required and requested to support the Company’s daily operations.
- Follow all procedures in the Service Technicians Handbook
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
This job requires you to work outside in all elements of weather conditions, in customers’ homes and in the shop. You will be required to be prepared for all of the possible elements/conditions on a daily basis.